Trash and Recycling Program
Online Payment for Trash
Trash is picked up on Tuesday, unless Monday or Tuesday is a holiday. Please be certain to set containers and yard waste at least three feet apart of each other.
Deffenbaugh Holiday Schedule
If Monday or Tuesday is a holiday, our team will collect your residential waste and recycling one day later that week. All other holidays will be on regular pick up days.
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Large Item Pick Up
Round Hill will have two large item pick up days where you can put one large item at the curb for pick up. This is separate from large item pick up days offered by the City of Overland Park. Tentative large item pick up dates for 2020 are April 21 and September 22.
Important Service Information Updates
- Containers - Please contact Leslie Foiles at 816.392.4766 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have damage to your container or have any problems with collection.
- Unlimited Recyling - If you have more recycling than will fit in your yellow lid container, you may use other containers of your own and mark as "recycle".
- Excess Trash - Overage stickers for trash in excess of what will fit in your container are available at some local retail outlets such as Westlake's Hardware in Corinth.
- Yard Waste Collection - Yard waste will be collected on a weekly basis, year round. Eight bags or bundles will be allowed each week with an increase to ten during October, November and December.
- An Acceptable Yard waste/Compost “item” for residential curbside pickup is a paper compost bag of grass clippings and/or leaves or a bundle of limbs/twigs no longer than 4 ft. (48 inches) in length and 18 inches in diameter, tied with twine with a max weight of 50 lbs. or a 32 gal max, rigid container (clearly marked “yard waste”), level with the top of the container with a max weight of 50 lbs.
- Customer Service - All questions, including issues with service or containers should be addressed to Leslie Foiles (contact information above), for resolution rather than directly with Deffenbaugh.
Billing is quarterly, but you may pay annually or semi-annually as you choose. You will save money by paying annually which is due January 1, 2020. You may choose to pay semi-annually (total cost is $270.00) or quarterly (total cost is $275.00) due to administrative cost in billing.
- Notification to Leslie Foiles (above), and
- Informing the real estate agent of the trash program.